Classes and Homework
Students at SJC receive homework everyday. The benefits of homework are as follows:
- To improve a child’s ability to retain and understand
- To develop study skills
- To understand that learning takes place anywhere
- To foster positive character traits such as independence and responsibility.
- To teach students how to manage time.
The purpose of homework assignments
- To help students practice material already presented in class
- Practice homework is meant to reinforce learning to help students master specific skills.
- Preparation homework introduces material that will assist students in learning material much better when covered in class.
- Extension homework requires students to apply skills they have learnt to new situations.
- Integration homework requires students to apply many skills to a single task such as journals, science projects, creative writing and book reports.